Query about pg asynchronous processing support

From: 杨逸存 <1057206466(at)qq(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query about pg asynchronous processing support
Date: 2021-03-23 15:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear hacker:
&nbsp; &nbsp; I am an&nbsp;undergraduate&nbsp;from Nanjing University. I use pgsql source code for my own development. During processing each sql query in function 'exec_simple_query', I'm going to add some extra functions such as index recommendation, which should be asynchronous in respect to the sql query in order to ensure the effectiveness of query processing. So my problem is whether pg has some mechanisms supporting asnchronous processing while processing each sql query?&nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;I am also pleased to dig into&nbsp;some detailed blogs or docs you recommend me. Looking forward to your reply!

&nbsp; &nbsp; Yours, sincerely.