Re: untranslated strings

From: "Petri Jooste" <RKWJPJ(at)puknet(dot)puk(dot)ac(dot)za>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: untranslated strings
Date: 2003-09-17 10:23:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Petri Jooste wrote:

>While doing the Afrikaans translation, I noticed the following ...
>
>If you refresh an object (eg. pressing F5) the message appears half-translated eg.
> Verfris Rules......Klaar
> instead of
> Verfris Reëls...Klaar

This very aspect is a matter of the individual translation. Obviously,
"Rules" has not been translated to "Reëls".

Regards,
Andreas
================
Petri writes:
---------------
Regarding the example in the original post:
The following translations DOES exist in the .po file:
Rules Reëls
Refreshing %s... Verfris %s...
Done. Klaar.

However, for the example above, it seems the .pot file is missing the string
Rules...
and also the other strings used to display the refreshing feedback.
Notice how the curent feedback displays with 6 dots ...... ,
suggesting that the three dots appended before the Klaar (Done)
have three more dots coming from somewhere else.

The three dots appear to come from the string Refreshing %s...
and the following strings get substituted into %s

Aggregates...
Aggregate...
Conversions...
Conversion...
Domains...
Domain...
Functions...
Function...
Trigger Functions...
Trigger Function...
Operators...
Operator...
Operator Classes...
Operator Class...
Sequences...
Sequence...
Tables...
Table...
Types...
Type...
Views...
View...
Columns...
Column...
Constraints...
Constraint...
Rules...
Rule...
Triggers...
Trigger...
Casts...
Cast...
Languages...
Language...
Schemas...
Schema...
Groups...
Group...
Users...
User...

The German, Danish and Norwegian translations, for example, behaves similar to the Afrikaans:
The Danish .po file includes the translation Regler for Rules, and yet on
pressing F5 the response is:
Opdaterer Rules...... Afsluttet.
instead of
Opdaterer Regler... Afsluttet.

The German .po file has the following:
Refreshing %s... %s wird aufgefrischt...

and the response in German is:
Rules wird aufgefrischt...... Fertig.

Mr. JP (Petri) Jooste
Skool vir Modelleringswetenskappe
School of Modelling Sciences
Vaal Triangle Campus
Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education
South Africa

Hierdie boodskap (en aanhangsels) is onderhewig aan beperkings en 'n vrywaringsklousule. Volledige besonderhede beskikbaar by http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html , of by itbsekr(at)puknet(dot)puk(dot)ac(dot)za

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html for full details, or at itbsekr(at)puknet(dot)puk(dot)ac(dot)za