Windows XP - ODBC

From: "Bob Lugering" <BLUGERIN(at)mstc(dot)state(dot)ms(dot)us>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows XP - ODBC
Date: 2003-04-08 22:12:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

I download the Windows version of PostgreSQL using CgyWin.

I also down loaded the latest PGAdminII which installed a ODBC driver.

When I try to connect with my ODBC tools WinProfessionalSQL and PGAdminII I get the following error.

SQL Error State:08001, Native Error 65, ODBC Error: Could not connect to server. Could not connect to remote socket.

The server is running, however, it is on the same machine.

Also attached in my config. I read to enable_sockets so I tried to do so in the config?

I really need to get ODBC to work. Hope I don't have as much trouble with JDBC.

If any could help, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

Bob Lugering

sent replys to :
blugering(at)cfl(dot)rr(dot)com