psqlODBC and MS-Access

From: "Marc Birkett" <MBirkett(at)emc-ltd(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psqlODBC and MS-Access
Date: 2002-09-05 09:02:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Many thanks to Justin Clift for pointing me to this list.

I am having a long running problem which i am hoping someone can help me
with.

I have installed postgreSQL on a new gentoo install and managed to get
it working correctly. I have also downloaded and installed the newest
ODBC drivers i can find.

I have set-up the accounts, IP addresses and the like appropriatly but
still cannot export from an access to a postgresql database. When i
attempt the export command i get an error of:

"ODBC Call Failed
ERROR:Length of VARCHAR must be at least 1 (#7)."

When i attempt to export tables with no text in them (i.e. text, memo
and hypertext) they export with no problems. Can anyone help me with
this as i have spent a good three or four days looking for the solution.

Cheers,

Marc

Cheers,

Marc

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
computer.