Pltcl kills postmaster...

From: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)healthdept(dot)co(dot)pierce(dot)wa(dot)us>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pltcl kills postmaster...
Date: 2001-06-01 19:12:35
Lists: pgsql-general

NetBSD 1.5 on i386
PostgreSQL 7.1.1 and 7.1.2

I downloaded source, compiled and installed Postgresql 7.1.1 and all was well.

Once the NetBSD pkgsrc packages caught up with the latest distribution, I decided to use it to install and maintain PG. So, I deleted /usr/local/pgsql and installed using pgksrc. It seems to have worked fine.

I added 'pltcl' language to template1 and created a database. I created my tables, views, functions, triggers from script. Functions create just fine.

However, any time I try to execute a pltcl function, I get

/usr/pkg/lib/pltcl.so: Undefined PLT symbol "TclCreateInterp" (reloc type=7, synum=3)
Server process (pid 11970) exited with status 256...

What could this be?

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department