JDBC Driver Class: Connection Method: isClosed() error

From: "Oscar FRANCOIS" <ofrancois(at)e-contact(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC Driver Class: Connection Method: isClosed() error
Date: 2001-04-26 13:02:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Here are the maximum information about the error:

OS where the class is running: winnt4 with jdk1.3
DB OS: Linux Debian potatoe
Postgresql version: 7.0.3
Driver JDBC: included in the source code.

-----------
First case (postmaster is running ok):
I get the connection with:
conn = DriverManager.getConnection("...
I do a sleep for 5 seconds
I test the code with the isClosed() function.
I do a request like "select * from ...."
Finally I close the connection.

But If I do the following:
I get the connection with:
conn = DriverManager.getConnection("...
I do a sleep for 5 seconds
(during while I stop the postmaster)
I test the code with the isClosed() function.
---> WHICH RETURN FALSE!!! <-----
I do a request like "select * from ...."
---> which generate a SQLException Error <---
Finally I close the connection.
---> which generate a SQLException Error <---

Why the Hell, does the method isclosed() is answering that everything is Ok whereas the postmaster
is closed & the next request generate an Error.

Thanks in advance for further details.

Regards,

Oscar FRANCOIS.