Question re how to secure a postgresql 7.1 installation.

From: "Eric Naujock " <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com>
To: "<Postgres Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question re how to secure a postgresql 7.1 installation.
Date: 2001-04-21 02:38:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am looking for a way I can make an individual user or group of users be able to have free reign over a specific database in the postgresql system but not be able to see or modify any other of the databases installed on the system.

Does anyone have any docs on how one would go about doing this. I have already found the ability to control access by machine but I have not as yet found one for users and databases.

I know you can use the grant function to give users rights to certain tables but I am looking to give the user rights to the full database but only to that one database.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Naujock CCNA, CCDA, A+, Network +, I-Net +
Abacus II
5610 Monroe St.
Sylvania, Ohio 43560
<http://www.abacusii.com>
E-mail - naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com
Phone - 419-885-0082 X 241
Fax : 419-885-2717
AOL IM: erlic

Attachment Content-Type Size
Eric Naujock .vcf text/x-vcard 480 bytes