Problem compiling 7.0beta5 on SCO Openserver5.0.5

From: "John Boris" <jboris(at)adphila(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem compiling 7.0beta5 on SCO Openserver5.0.5
Date: 2000-04-19 17:12:03
Lists: pgsql-ports

I am trying to compile this and I get a fatal error at the end where it gmake complains:

Undefined First Referneced
Symbol in file
nocachegetattr pgc.o

I cannot find which .c or .h file nocachegetattr is referenced to track down why it isn't being compiled in. I can't even find where this function is called from. pgc.c doesn't even reference it.

This is on an Intel PII. I am using the sco compiler and used configure with the switch --with-template=sco. That is basically it. During the gmake I saw a few warnings where the end of the loop wasn't reached and a few warnings about type mismatches. None of these referenced the nocachegetattr function. Any ideas? I didn't get this when I compiled 6.4.2. I am assuming (probably a bad thing) that problems that surfaced in compiling 6.4.2 were fixed in this release.

"Keep this in mind.
That light at the end of the tunnel just could be an oncoming train!"

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-Sys Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Tel: 215-965-1714 Fax: 215-587-3525