Is this a "Stupid Question" ?

From: Adam Smith <adamsmith(at)econ(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-general"(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is this a "Stupid Question" ?
Date: 2004-06-21 02:50:53
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I have posted this and similar questions repeatedly and can't even raise
a single response. I am being led to believe that this then 'Must be a
stupid question' although people say that there is no stupid question.
Is that another for political correctness

I am attempting an install of 7.4.3 on FreeBSD O/S 4.9, apparently
remnants of 7.3.x are scattered around on the disk from (a) previous
ports installation, causing mutex_lock/unlock, libpq.so and other
installation problems. I want to reconfigure and reinstall. How do I
know what, & where all these fragments are located or how do I uninstall
all of them or at least those that should be removed.

Thanks

-- Adam --
PS I should probably use the name Eve instead!