Re: [Fwd: Re: JDBC driver bug?]

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: JDBC driver bug?]
Date: 2005-09-22 18:37:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I can confirm that this is an issue in JDK 1.5 (a/k/a Java5) in
Windows. This is not the fault of postgres, but like others have
suggested, it is with reverse DNS lookup. It affects all TCP
connections.

If you connect to an IP address it attempts to look up the name,
resulting in these delays. To confirm, add the ip address with
some name to the hosts file, normally in the
system32\drivers\etc directory under your main windows
directory.

-Kevin

>>> Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com> 09/22/05 9:46 AM >>>
I'm forwarding this to the list too. It's best to hit "reply to all"
when replying to mails to the postgres lists...