Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Date: 2005-08-19 14:54:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks, Tom.

"SHOW statement_timeout" from the JDBC connection returns zero.

I'm curious whether "SET statement_timeout=n" sets this for a connection. If so, wouldn't it be a good thing to update the JDBC setQueryTimeout and getQueryTimeout methods to use these SET and SHOW statements?

-Kevin

>>> Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> 08/18/05 5:50 PM >>>
> Thanks much for the clarification. The statement_timeout setting is
> commented out, with a note that it defaults to zero and that this
> means it is disabled.

The fact that it's commented out doesn't mean that it's not been set
from elsewhere, such as a per-user default, or even a prior state of
the config file. It'd be more trustworthy to connect to the server
as the same user your JDBC client runs as, and do "SHOW
statement_timeout".