Re: readline library not found

From: Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: zhong ming wu <mr(dot)z(dot)m(dot)wu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: readline library not found
Date: 2010-04-16 11:46:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM, zhong ming wu <mr(dot)z(dot)m(dot)wu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Dear List
>
> I need to build a postgres on a linux machine that I don't have root
> access.
>
> I built readline from source and installed it with prefix of /home/me/local
>
> readline library are in /home/me/local/lib and headers files are in
> /home/me/local/include/readline
>
> After explicitly specfying these paths with --with-libs and
> with-includes postgres configure is still choking
> on readline.
>
> To check that this should work, I disabled readline with
> --without-readline and configure chokes at zlib not found.
> So I install zlib from source at the same prefix. This time postgres
> configure finishes and then successfully built.
>
> reading config.log is not helpful

Huh? This I find hard to believe. Whenever I've had problems with readline
it was actually libtermcap that was giving me a headache. Are you sure that
there's nothing in there that's pointing you to your libtermcap being ....
'wonky'

Also, try setting CFLAGS to point to your include / lib dirs
(-I/path/to/include) (-L/path/to/lib)