Re: porting a full Ms Sql Server to postgres

From: "Ian Harding" <iharding(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: <pwbyrne(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: porting a full Ms Sql Server to postgres
Date: 2004-09-28 23:27:23
Lists: pgsql-general

It's not possible to easily port functions and triggers. Tables, views and data are pretty easy.

<<< <pwbyrne(at)hotmail(dot)com> 9/26 4:10p >>>
Hi,

I'm looking for details, or tools about porting a full Ms Sql Server
2000 database to Postgres on Linux.

Is this possible? We have the whole nine yards, stored procedures,
triggers, and all.

Is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks