Force commit in M$ Access?

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Force commit in M$ Access?
Date: 2004-02-18 18:41:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Folks

Does anyone know if it is possible, when using an Access bound form
against a postgresql table, to force changes to commit?

When the user navigates to a new record Access updates the linked
postgres table, but due to a design flaw in the data structures, my life
would be easier if I could force the changed data to update before the
user navigates to a new record.

My initial solution was to issue an UPDATE query whenever the user
changed the offending data, but that results in the error
"You and another user have updated the same data, do you want
to:Discard changes, Copy to clipboard..." (something like that)
as soon as the user closes the form or moves to a new record.

(Yes, I know the correct answer is to fix the flaw, but the managers
here want to slay dragons with beebee guns and don't want to spend
money.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fred Parkinson
Grand Canyon Software