Re: Acucobol, ODBC and Postgres

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jonathan Foy <thefoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Acucobol, ODBC and Postgres
Date: 2010-04-07 20:14:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Jonathan Foy <thefoy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm trying to configure the postgres odbc driver with our Acucobol
> application (5.2 and 8.1), and was hoping that someone out there might have
> some experience with this.

About two years ago I was working on a project which used Postgres via ODBC
with both ACUCOBOL and Micro Focus. Which ODBC driver are you using? You
should try ODBCng (https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/).

Also, you may want to try/consider using the commercial PG ODBC driver from
DataDirect (
http://www.datadirect.com/products/odbc/odbc-postgresql/index.ssp).

--
Jonah H. Harris