REPOST: redefining location of the socket file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

From: Arcady Genkin <a(dot)genkin(at)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: Postgres-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: REPOST: redefining location of the socket file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
Date: 2001-06-07 22:02:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

I asked this in -general about ten days ago, but received no replies.

Can I redefine location of the UNIX domain socket file to be other
than /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432? The problem is that there is a /tmp cleaning
script on the Solaris system where Postgres is installed, which sweeps
away anything older than 24 hours. Right now I'm getting away by
having a cron job touch the file periodically, but this is not a nice
solution.

p.s. I'm sending this also to -bugs, because I think that the
location of the socket file should be configurable (at least at
compile time).

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin