Re: problems with SELECT query results

From: Lew <lew(at)nospam(dot)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with SELECT query results
Date: 2007-05-29 19:33:53
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Joshua wrote:
> Thank you all for your assistance. I did end up finding NULL in the
> 'onorder' column which should have been zero's.... this was in a test
> table that happened to have some NULL in it for one reason or another
> but I should not find this in the production version of the table.
>
> I also appreciate you pointing out the COALESCE function. I will find
> that helpful in future work.
>
> I look forward to hopefully assisting you guys with some of your
> PostgreSQL dilemmas in the future!

Please do not top-post, and be sure to acknowledge both groups to whom you
multi-posted, pgsql.sql and pgsql.general, for their help. (I don't know if
there were others.)

A more effective way to post to multiple groups is to cross-post, send to all
groups in the single message as I did here, which unifies the threads so that
all answers appear to each reader.

Multi-posting (sending to each group separately) is frustrating because it
fragments the conversation.

--
Lew