Re: Appending to a large object

From: Ole Streicher <ole-usenet-spam(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Appending to a large object
Date: 2003-08-07 08:15:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Barry,

Am Donnerstag, 7. August 2003 04:55 schrieb Barry Lind:
> The outputstream interface is for reading only. If you want to append
> you are going to need to use the LargeObject interface. This is
> documented in the PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide. See the section
> titled: PostgreSQL Extensions to the JDBC API.

I did; but I couldn't find what I need:

5.7.3.1 Methods

* public int getOID() - doesn't help

* public void close() - doesn't help

* public byte[] read(int len) / public int read(byte[] buf, int off, int len)
- doesn't help since I need writing, not reading

* public void write (byte[] buf) - doesn't help since I cannot specify the
offset

* public void write(byte[] buf, int off, int len) - doesn't help since the
offset mentioned is within the array, not within the LargeObject.

What I expected was a function like "seek()", but I couldn't find it there.
So, how can I append to an existing stream? Is there a function I have just
overseen? (PostgreSQL 7.3.2 Programmer's Guide)

Regards

Ole