Re: SQL problem with aggregate functions.

From: Loyd Goodbar <loyd(at)blackrobes(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL problem with aggregate functions.
Date: 2002-07-11 22:08:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I would suggest something like

select sum(case when f1 = 'D' then 1 else 0 end) as D_COUNT,
sum(case when f1 = 'R' then 1 else 0 end) as R_COUNT,
sum(case when f1 = 'X' then 1 else 0 end) as X_COUNT
from tab
where f1 in ('D','R','X')

Not sure what the "field group" represents.

HTH,
Loyd

--
"Why, you can even hear yourself think." --Hobbes
"This is making me nervous. Let's go in." --Calvin