Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: standbycheck was:(Re: [HACKERS] testing hot standby
Date: 2010-04-26 07:45:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Heikki Linnakangas

> How many of the tests in the regular regression suite do anything useful
> when run against a standby server? They all have to set up a bunch of
> objects before they run queries, so you just get a lot of errors
> complaining that you can't do X in standby mode, followed by errors
> about missing objects. That doesn't sound very useful.

granted. what i'm looking for is a way of continually see that the
standby will return consistent values and yes, i want to be sure that
we disallow everything that we need to...

maybe just a new set of tests? maybe i just should make the hs_* tests
use regression's database tables intead of the ones it is using?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova