Re: How to generate specific WAL records?

From: Koichi Suzuki <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: f(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Subject: Re: How to generate specific WAL records?
Date: 2010-04-14 02:13:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro-san;

Thank you for a great advice. I successfully generated all the WAL
records listed below. By deleteing and VACUUMing a table with
btree_gist based index, I was successful to generate all the GIST WAL
records.

Still have the following WAL record to create:

CLOG_TRUNCATE
XLOG_HEAP_INIT_PAGE
XLOG_BTREE_INSERT_META
XLOG_GIN_CREATE_PTREE
XLOG_GIN_DELETE_PAGE

I have to run good amount of transactions before VACUUM FREEZE to
create CLOG_TRUNCATE. I'll try.

It's very helpful if anybody knows how to generate XLOG_HEAP_INIT_PAGE
and XLOG_BTREE_INSERT_META.

I'll ask Oleg-san how to generate GIN-related WALs.

Thank you very much;
Koichi Suzuki