Strange Insert Problem

From: Lola Lee <lola(at)his(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange Insert Problem
Date: 2004-01-09 10:25:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm having a really strange insert problem, which I cannot figure out.

I have a table in my database, which I created using the following
query (I'm using Postgresql 7.4, if this helps):

CREATE TABLE yarncolor (
yarn_color_id SERIAL,
yarn_id int NULL,
yarn_color_nm varchar(35) NULL,
yarn_color_num varchar(10) NULL,
yarn_color_desc varchar(50) NULL,
discontinued_flg boolean NULL,
yarn_color_lud timestamp NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (yarn_color_id),
FOREIGN KEY (yarn_id)
REFERENCES yarn
);

Everytime I try to insert a record in this table via ColdFusion
generated page, I get this error message (I also get this in
phpPgMyAdmin):

SQL error:
ERROR: column "anemone" does not exist

In statement:
INSERT INTO YarnColortwo (yarn_id, yarn_color_nm, yarn_color_num,
yarn_color_desc, yarn_color_lud) VALUES ( 15, Anemone, 616, whatever,
now() )

I'm at a loss as to why does Postgresql think there is a column named
"anemone". Yes, I tried another string of character and get the same
message. Anyone have an idea what may be going on?

--

Lola - mailto:lola(at)his(dot)com
http://www.lolajl.net | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/