Re: old db on a new system

From: Willy Wonka <lunchtime(at)onethirty(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: old db on a new system
Date: 2002-09-27 23:51:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

after some playing, we finally got postgres 7.0.3 running, now on
pg_dump, i get an error:

> ./bin/pg_dumpall > dumped
ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index pg_type_typname_index
ERROR: Relation 'tmp_pg_shadow' does not exist
ERROR: Relation 'tmp_pg_shadow' does not exist

if i try just one database, i get this:
> pg_dump immedia > immediadb
Connection to database 'immedia' failed.
FATAL 1: Database 'immedia', OID 18784, has disappeared from pg_database

but the database is in pg_database.
if i sound a bit lost, it's because i am. up until this point, all i
had to do was install postgres, and somebody else used/maintained it.