old db in a new system

From: "cameron(dot)hanover" <chanover(at)umich(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: old db in a new system
Date: 2002-09-27 23:05:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

ok, so i've got a pretty bad problem.
my system go borked last week, and i had to back everything up and reinstall.
i was running postgresql 7.0.* on openbsd2.8.
i switched to gentoo 1.2, and it emerged postgresql 7.2.2.

now i've got some old databases on a new system that can't use them.
my brother tried installing postgresql 7.0.3 on his openbsd 3.1
system [so i could do what the docs say, pg_dumpall], but can't get
it started because of some nasty shmget errors.
specifically:
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Permission denied) key=5432010,
size=144, permission=700

i really need to get these databases back online. is there anything i can do?
--
-.c.-

My mistress when she walks treads on the ground.