Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework

From: Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework
Date: 2004-08-17 18:31:02
Lists: pgsql-general

By "weak", I meant "lack of expressive power", not "weakly supported".
That PHP has a huge community is obvious. It's everywhere. The list of
broken things in PHP is too long to mention, just think about namespaces
for instance. I have no bad feelings towards people who use PHP, rather I
wonder why so many people waste their time with such a badly designed
tool. I did not intend to be discourteous, my excuses if I was, rather, I
wanted to help the OP out of the PHP mess.
I have had to code in PHP and always hated it.

I know this is off-topic so... snip.