Re: dead tuples

From: "Oren Mazor" <oren(dot)mazor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dead tuples
Date: 2005-07-22 17:31:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

what happens is that my database files grow significantly. say i have a
table filled with people names, and i modify each one, then my database
seems to double. this is because (afaik) pg marks the old ones as 'dead'
but doesnt delete them. you run vacuum to reclaim it.

which is what i do. but i'm wondering if there's any way to circumvent the
entire process of marking them as 'dead' and just deleting things right
off when they get updated

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:29:19 -0400, Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 10:02:55 -0400,
<snip>

--
Oren Mazor // Developer, Sysadmin, Explorer
GPG Key: http://www.grepthemonkey.org/secure