Re: Looking for tips

From: PFC <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: "Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Oliver Crosby" <ryusei(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Looking for tips
Date: 2005-07-19 20:28:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

> PS: Where can I find benchmarks comparing PHP vs Perl vs Python in
> terms of speed of executing prepared statements?

I'm afraid you'll have to do these yourself !

And, I don't think the Python drivers support real prepared statements
(the speed of psycopy is really good though).
I don't think PHP either ; they don't even provide a database interface
to speak of (ie you have to build the query string by hand including
quoting).