Re: Bad plan on a view

From: PFC <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad plan on a view
Date: 2006-03-01 15:43:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Aren't you going to a lot of work to reinvent something that TOAST
> already does for you? (At least, in the cases where the text fields
> are wide enough that it really matters.)

I know. But I have several text fields in the 20 to 200 characters, which
is too small for toast, but large enough to make up about 90% of the table
size, which makes it problematic RAM-wise, especially since it's gonna
grow. Now, if I had 1 big text field, it would be TOASTed and I would be
happy ;)