Re: Experimental patch for inter-page delay in VACUUM

From: "Stephen" <jleelim(at)xxxxxxx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Experimental patch for inter-page delay in VACUUM
Date: 2003-11-03 15:04:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I don't mind the long delay as long as we have a choice as we clearly do in
this case to set vacuum_page_delay=WHATEVER. Of course, if VACUUM can be
improved with better code placement for the delays or buffer replacement
policies then I'm all for it. Right now, I'm pretty satisfied with the
responsiveness on large DBs using vacuum_page_delay=10ms delay.

Any ideas if this patch will be included into 7.4 before final release?

Stephen