Re: MS interview

From: fche(at)redhat(dot)com (Frank Ch(dot) Eigler)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS interview
Date: 2001-08-15 16:13:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

tim(at)proximity(dot)com(dot)au (Tim Allen) writes:

: [...] Near the end he gets specifically asked about "Red Hat
: Database" as a competitive threat, and he responds that he doesn't
: think anyone can match their "investment" of "800 professionals" to
: work on SQL Server. [...]

It would be naive to dismiss Microsoft's (or Oracle's, or IBM's)
database teams. They have many very smart developers/researchers
working full time on these systems. The investment is quite real.

tgl wrote:

: The longer that Oracle, MS, et al don't believe we're a threat, the
: better. But I wonder how they *really* see us. [...]

Good question.

- FChE