Autovaccum and Full vacuum

From: Tony Day <tonyd(at)panztel(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Autovaccum and Full vacuum
Date: 2010-05-05 04:28:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Folks

My apologies if this is documented - I could not find it.

Are there circumstances under which an autovacuum will do a "full vacuum"?
I guess what I would really like to know is - is it possible that autovacuum
will request a AccessExclusiveLock and if yes, under what circumstances?

Thanks

Regards, Tony