Administrative lockout

From: Martin Foster <martin(at)ethereal-realms(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Administrative lockout
Date: 2004-10-19 02:43:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there a way in PostgreSQL to initiate some sort of administrative
lockout which will effectively block all logins of the same user from
connecting to the database itself? Something that could be run at
application level?

I have two web servers running Perl/CGI scripts. In order to run a
VACUUM FULL I need to have all users off the site (turn off the
webservers) because their transactions will cause some serious havoc.
Since I also use Apache::DBI transactions will also tend to stick around
for a very long time.

Ideas?

Martin Foster
martin(at)ethereal-realms(dot)org