postgres install question

From: Matt Devlin <matt(dot)devlin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres install question
Date: 2010-04-02 23:05:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

So i go to install postgres and when i get to the password part of the setup
i have a few problems. There is already a password set and i have no idea
what it is. Ive tried endlessly searching the internet on how to figure
this out but becuase i cant even install postgres i have no way of going
into the pg_hba.conf file that seems to be the solution to solving my
problem. I need help figuring out my database supervisor and service
account password.

Thanks for your help.