Re: Bug in PL/pgSQL GET DIAGNOSTICS?

From: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Bug in PL/pgSQL GET DIAGNOSTICS?
Date: 2002-09-26 08:14:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:40:03 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Momjian
<pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>Item 3 is the most controversial. Some say sum all tuple counts, i.e.
>sum INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE. That just seems to messy to me. I think
>summing only the matching tags has the highest probability of returning
>a meaningful number.

[Trying to keep it short this time]

I still believe that there is more than one correct answer; it just
depends on what the dba intends. So I proposed a syntax change for
letting the dba explicitly mark the statements she/he wants to affect
tuple count and oid.

-> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-09/msg00720.php

Unfortunately I tried to summarize all other proposals and the mail
got so long that nobody read it to the end :-(

Servus
Manfred