Re: wxWindows Build

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxWindows Build
Date: 2003-06-28 10:20:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all,

----Message d'origine----
>Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:09:57 +0200
>De: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
>A: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
>Copie à: "Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>,
>Sujet: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] wxWindows Build

here is what I'm planning to do concerning debian packages release and this wxWindows 2.5 "problem" :

Woody debian stable release : as this the official release, we won't be able to integrate new software in it... So, I think we can release a package for this release (on snake) with a link on our own wx 2.5 package (I won't integrate wxPython which seems to be THE real problem at this time... pgadmin3 has nothing to do with it (?) ). These debian packages will be "aptable" from snake and its mirrors but no official debian repository.

Testing and Unstable : we are obliged for the moment to link without unicode support and against wxWindows 2.4 + GTK 1.2 if we want to be able to integrate official debian repository. Ron Lee who is responsible of wxWindows debian packages will surely release a cvs snapshot package of 2.5 and I've asked him if it is possible to integrate unicode support.

Experimental : here we can do about everything we want, so I I'll produce a wxWindows 2.5 with gtk2 and unicode in it specific to pgadmin3.

Any suggestions concerning this is welcome!

best,

Raphaël