Re: transforms vs. CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: transforms vs. CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
Date: 2015-05-01 01:09:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Andrew Dunstan:

> friarbird is a FreeBSD buildfarm animal running with
> -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS. It usually completes a run in about 6.5 hours.
> However, it's been stuck since Monday running the plpython regression
> tests. The only relevant commit seems to be the transforms feature.
> Here's what it's been doing:

> query | SELECT cursor_plan();

Same here, on jaguarundi. I actually killed it intentionally this
morning, hoping that whatever the problem was might have been fixed
already. No such luck.

I would suspect that it might have something to do with the OS, if all
the other CCA animals weren't lining up nicely behind in the buildfarm
status page.

> I imagine it was in some sort of infinite loop. gdb says it's all in
> src/backend/utils/cache/plancache.c, although not the same line each
> time I run it.

I ktrace'd it this morning, but cleverly did not keep the dump. It
looked much the same to me, though, it was reading the same filenode
over and over again.

--
Christian