WAL and Checkpoints documentation

From: jtkells(at)verizon(dot)net
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL and Checkpoints documentation
Date: 2011-05-23 14:27:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have been reading the POSTGRESQL System Admin Documentation 8.4
(several times) on WAL and Checkpoints along with their respected
option switches. I can say that I have a general understanding of
what is going on but get confused with the details and use of the
option switches. Does anyone know of any good
presentations/whitepapers that spell out WAL and check-pointing
functionality other than the ADMIN guide?
Thanking you in advance