Re: Synchronizing Databases

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronizing Databases
Date: 2004-09-12 04:43:18
Lists: pgsql-general

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, "Dr. Aharon Friedman" <aharon(at)aharon-fast(dot)friedman(dot)net> wrote:
> I would like to create two engines working as a backup to each other. Any
> idea how I should go about syncing them?

There is not yet any multimaster replication solution.

The "latest and greatest" single-master/multi-slave answer at this
point is Slony-I --> <http://slony.info/>. It only allows updates to
go to one of the DBs, but does allow all the DBs to be queryable, and
provides a quick way to switch between "masters."
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/postgresql.html