Re: Incremental backup

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incremental backup
Date: 2005-05-13 13:30:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when mike(at)inar(dot)ru (Michael Kichanov) would write:
> I wish to realize incremental backup, i.e. to dump only those tables
> which have changed from last backup.
>
> 1q. How i can solve this task with internal postgres tools?
> 2q. How I can to find out timestamp of last change of the table?
>
> Does anyone resolve this things?
>
> Ps: postgres 7.3

PostgreSQL version 8 offers a "Point In Time Recovery" mechanism
whereby you archive the WAL files; the WAL files represent incremental
backups.

Slony-I 1.1 provides a new "log shipping" feature where you can
archive incremental changes, too; it tries to support versions as far
back as 7.3.3, so it might be compatible with your needs...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html