OID cache lookups failing

From: Jerry Sievers <jerry(at)jerrysievers(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OID cache lookups failing
Date: 2006-07-14 18:26:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Admins; we have a few corrupt objects after a disk array event
yesterday. One of the problems was resolved by simply dropping and
reloading a table from backup.

I have another table however that's going to b a stinker. I can't
drop, rename or re-schema it.

We have 2 tabs with same name in different schemas and the active one
was being thrashed at the same time as the disk array went wonky.

Of particular interest, I notice that I can't get the pg_class record
that corresponds to the OID in question however the one for the other
version of the table does come up.

= drop table reports.problem_table;
ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation 104140413

= select oid from pg_class where relname = 'problem_table';
oid
-----------
19296
104140413
(2 rows)

= select relname from pg_class where oid in (select oid from pg_class where relname = 'problem_table');
relname
problem_table
(1 row)

The low numbered OID rec is the one showing above.

Any ideas how to fix? This is on a busy prod system. Reindexing
pg_class worth a try?

Thanks

Jerry Sievers 305 854-3001 (home) WWW ECommerce Consultant
305 321-1144 (mobile http://www.JerrySievers.com/