Re: libodbc programming tutorial

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <Benjamin(dot)Riefenstahl(at)epost(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libodbc programming tutorial
Date: 2003-08-27 12:15:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Graham,

GrahamWilsonCA(at)yahoo(dot)ca (Graham) writes:
> An hour or so of googling for anything to do with ODBC has resulted
> in a pletora of useless windows, MS Access and Excel links...

Yes, I bet that most ODBC introductions are for Windows. Just pick a
tutorial in straight C and ignore the Windows specific code, if there
is any. It's probably not 100% identical, but the basic stuff and the
principles are the same. It is not too difficult to write portable
ODBC code.

There are books too, of course. Sorry, I can't quickly locate the one
that I used for learning this some years ago.

benny