Re: BCD format

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BCD format
Date: 2004-12-29 22:28:34
Lists: pgsql-general

stefari(at)tiscali(dot)it wrote:
> Hi all !
> I have to create a table with a BCD formatted field.
> Can Postrgresql to support this field's type or I have to insert it in binary
> mode???

Have you considered using a NUMERIC field instead? That supports
exact fixed point arithmetic, much like BCD.

And I don't think that C compilers commonly support a BCD type, so if
you emulated it, you'd be left doing quite a lot of work to make a
type that wouldn't be terribly efficient.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/emacs.html