Re: psqlODBC Unicode 8.01.02.00 Driver "Overflows" On MS-Access

From: Randy Yates <yates(at)ieee(dot)org>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC Unicode 8.01.02.00 Driver "Overflows" On MS-Access
Date: 2006-03-16 16:08:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tim(dot)Clarke(at)manifest(dot)co(dot)uk ("Tim Clarke") writes:

> Whenever I get these I write a tiny "stuff one record in and tell me if
> it errors" iteration. Just leave that running and get on with something
> else productive.

I think the point is, if the driver error messages were a little more
intelligent (including some context) to begin with, then you (and a
bazillion others) wouldn't have to take any extra time to begin with.
It would be an instant "Oh, I see the problem."

It might also be helpful if the driver converted all records it was
able to convert and not simply abort on the first record with an
error.
--
% Randy Yates % "Maybe one day I'll feel her cold embrace,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % and kiss her interface,