Re: Licensing

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Licensing
Date: 2001-12-05 19:23:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu> writes:

> That's not the 'BSD with advertising clause', that's the modern BSD
> license, with a standard acknowledgement clause. The orginal advertisement
> clause looks like:

[...]

Ahh, good to know. Sounds like it'll be OK then.

> Unless that (or something like it) is in there, you're o.k. BTW, kudos
> for thinking about licensing issues _before_ doing the work.

Heh, if there's one thing I hate it's wasted effort. ;)

> P.S. Which package are you looking at, BTW?

TinyScheme:

http://tinyscheme.sourceforge.net/home.html

It's not the prettiest code I've ever seen, but it's small, not too
hard to read, and complete enough to be useful from what I can see. I
think it'll be an interesting project.

I am still thinking of maybe writing my own Scheme implementation, but
there are already N of them out there. If I can use something that's
compatible license-wise and reasonably functional, so much the better.

-Doug
--T. J. Jackson, 1863