Re: Counting distinct names

From: SL Baur <steve(at)beopen(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Christopher Sawtell <csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>, "pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Counting distinct names
Date: 2000-04-21 02:30:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

> *Should* there be a default location established by configure?

I think so.

> I think I'd prefer that to having the dependence on an environment var
> ... but on the other hand we couldn't really remove the envar without
> breaking a lot of installations...

Keep the environment variable and let it override the default.

The test suite could use a sane default for PGLIB too. It seems
strange to compile and install postgres into a default location and
then have `make runtest' fail due to an environment variable not being
set. All the more so because the README file doesn't mention it.