Re: FTP daemon that support Postgresql

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FTP daemon that support Postgresql
Date: 2004-06-01 02:06:16
Lists: pgsql-general

After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, ntpt(at)centrum(dot)cz ("NTPT") belched out:
> I know this is a slightly offtopic, but please hlep. I need to find a (S)FTP daemon for my server

> (RH7.3) , that can read username, password an home directory from
> PGSQL table . Can you advise something ?

I would think that what you should look into is the notion of
installing a PAM module that grabs authentication data from a PG
table, and then configure FTP to use that PAM module.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/modules.html
http://freshmeat.net/projects/pam_pgsql/download
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/pre/modules/pam_pgsql_day-0.1.tar.bz2
--