Re: Distribution making

From: Pavel(dot)Janik(at)linux(dot)cz (Pavel Janík ml(dot))
To: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Distribution making
Date: 2000-07-12 10:42:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:22:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Karel,

> Yes, I know. But it expect that in the *common-original-source* must
> be .spec file. Or not?

not, of course. But if it is there, you can easily built RPM via rpm -ta
source*tar.gz. Only Source RPMS (aka SRPM) must have .spec file built in.

> I'm not enemy of RH, I only not sure if is good "foul" original
> source.

The same for me. I do hate packagers who just rename my package.tar.gz to
package.orig.tar.gz and built tens of patches into one big .diff.gz which
is crazy to maintain :-)) No flamewars please.

BTW - Searching of mailing-lists is not working on postgresql.org. Try this
very long link :-))

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/search.cgi?ps=10&ul=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postgresql.org%2Fmhonarc%2Fpgsql-hackers%2F%25&q=CREATE+SNAPSHOT&ps=10&o=0&m=all
--
Pavel Janík ml.