Re: Embedded SQL vulnerability

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: Glen Eustace <geustace(at)godzone(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Embedded SQL vulnerability
Date: 2001-09-01 00:26:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Glen Eustace <geustace(at)godzone(dot)net(dot)nz> writes:

> Has anyone added anything into the client library along the lines of the
> suggestion made in
>
> http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/advisories/apache_auth.php
>
> I have just upgraded to 7.1.3 on RH7.1, I wasn't going to bother with the
> source. But we do use our database for authentication and consequently are
> vulnerable.

A patch did go in just recently, but didn't make it into 7.1.3.

You can always do the escaping yourself--the patch just makes the
escape call available in the library; it doesn't automatically fix
your code.

-Doug
--
Free Dmitry Sklyarov!
http://www.freesklyarov.org/

We will return to our regularly scheduled signature shortly.