Re: date formatting and tab-complete patch

From: Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: date formatting and tab-complete patch
Date: 2001-12-04 23:57:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Manuel Sugawara writes:
>
> > Guys, attached is a patch against the 7.2b3 source tree which improves
> > the i18n of the date formatting functions, using the nl_langinfo(3)
> > function,
>
> What's the effect of that?

Currently none since I miss another part of the patch :-( -attached-,
but if you add:

setlocale(LC_TIME, "");

in src/backend/main/main.c you will see month and day names printed
according to the current locale.

regress=# select to_char(now(),'fmday dd/month/yyyy');
to_char
--------------------------
martes 04/diciembre/2001
(1 row)

> ISTM that in the situation that tab completion covers tables and views are
> not interchangeable. Do you have an example?

select * from <TAB>
\d <TAB>

neither works for views; that's annoying, since most access to many
databases are done through views. Actually the only counterexamples I
found are DROP and ALTER TABLE but, may be, that's enough.

Regards,
Manuel.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_patch2.patch text/x-patch 313 bytes