Re: SHOW TABLES

From: Tim Landscheidt <tim(at)tim-landscheidt(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SHOW TABLES
Date: 2010-07-16 20:35:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]
> Light switches are usually at shoulder height next to a door. Our light
> switches are 2 metres up, on the far side of the room. People are sick
> of banging their knees on furniture while trying to grope for the light.
> The light switch isn't so much hard to use, its just in the wrong place.
> We must envisage what it is to be a person that doesn't know where the
> switch is, or have forgotten. We don't need a programmable light switch
> API, or a multi-function light remote control. Just a switch by all of
> the doors.

> (Oh, they're probably not called lights outside UK; room lamps maybe?)

Wow, the British must have shrunk a lot since my last vis-
it - here light switches are mounted not more than 105 cm
from the floor :-) (barrier-free not more than 85 cm).

I guess the problem shown by others in this thread is that
there doesn't seem to be a "usually" with regard to "\d"
equivalents either.

Tim